Step By Step Learning®, a unique organization…
We focus our attention and research on evidence based solutions that provide schools with a comprehensive analysis and plan that will deliver positive academic improvement for all students. SBSL has an experienced staff of senior associates with high level competency in a data-driven environment that benefits every child with a better ability to read, spell and write proficiently. We exhibit a passion to help children learn to read…and become successful.
We need special people…to contribute as part of an intervention team which will deliver literacy training to schools using the latest scientifically-based reading research results through the use of assessment, professional development and classroom coaching.
Hiring Locations (You will travel to support schools in this region:
Lehigh Valley OR Pittsburgh PA
Your Challenging Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Deliver professional development solutions using adult learning methodologies in a training environment.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to teachers and administrators to impact student achievement throughout the school year.
- Advise teachers and school administrators as to their “next steps” for student achievement.
- Provide reports and documentation detailing student progress.
- Offer collaborative solutions.
Your Additional Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with team and partners.
- Understand and implement the work provided by leading Reading Research Professionals from around the nation.
- Support client schools and promote student success and reading achievement at local conferences.
Other duties may be assigned.
To meet this challenge, we have the following requirements:
- Have had training in LETRS®*, Orton- Gillingham, or Wilson Reading.
- Knowledge and experience with assessment screeners such as DIBELS® Next, AimsWeb®, STAR Reading® and/or NWEA™.
- Candidate must possess the ability to maintain a 75-100% regional travel schedule that likely requires overnight stays depending on your residence location. You will be required to service schools in either the Lehigh Valley OR Pittsburgh/Eastern OH area. Not both.
- 5 – 7 years teaching experience requested.
- Master’s Degree (or progress toward a Degree) in education or reading related field.
- Consulting and/or training experience in the design and delivery of face-to-face or facilitator led programs at workshops or to peers at the local level is a plus.
- A working knowledge of Google Tools, Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Some knowledge of the human change process and some familiarity with project management, workflow management, and knowledge management.
- Facilitation skills, in addition to professionalism and creativity.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to obtain necessary Criminal Background Checks and Child Abuse Clearance.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
So what’s in it for you?…
The challenge of a lifetime! The opportunity to contribute to helping children in ways you did not think possible. We provide ongoing professional development in reading literacy at the highest levels, process consulting, leadership and business development.
Your Salary will range from $60,000 to $80,000 per year depending on your experience and qualifications. A career with SBSL also includes a full benefit package that includes additional performance bonus opportunities, healthcare, vacation and accrued sick time plus a company matching 401K retirement plan.
If this is you…please submit an electronic copy of your resume in a Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com.