Job Type: Full Time/Part Time
Years Experience: 2-5+ Years
Educational Level: Master’s Degree
Salary: $40,000-90,000 per year plus numerous Bonus Opportunities, benefits and a company matching 401K
Hiring Locations: (You could be asked to travel to support schools in these regions depending on your home location: Lehigh Valley, Harrisburg, Northeast PA, Pittsburgh or Ohio).
We pride ourselves on partnering with school districts to provide positive literacy outcomes for all students. We focus our attention and research on evidence based solutions that provide schools with a comprehensive evaluation that will deliver positive results for teachers and students. SBSL has an experienced staff of senior associates with high level competency in a data-driven environment. We exhibit a passion to help children learn to read…and become successful.
We need special people…to contribute as part of an intervention team which will configure, design, develop and deliver literacy solutions to schools using the latest scientifically-based reading research results through the use of assessment, professional development and classroom coaching.
Your Challenging Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Deliver professional development solutions using adult learning methodologies in a training environment.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to teachers and administrators to impact student achievement throughout the school year.
- Advise teachers and school administrators as to their “next steps” for student achievement.
- Provide reports and documentation detailing student progress.
- Offer collaborative solutions.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with team and partners.
- Understand and implement the work provided by leading Reading Research Professionals from around the nation.
- Support client schools and promote student success and reading achievement at local conferences.
- Other duties as assigned
To meet this challenge, we have these requirements:
- Candidate must possess the ability to maintain a 75-100% regional travel schedule that will require a minimum of 3 overnight stays per week.
- 5 – 7 years teaching experience
- Master’s Degree (or progress toward a Degree) in education or reading related field.
- At least 2 years consulting and/or training experience in the design and delivery of face-to-face or facilitator led programs at workshops or to peers at the local level.
- Knowledge and experience with reading assessments such as DIBELS®, AimsWeb® is a plus.
- A working knowledge of Google Tools, Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Some knowledge of the human change process and some familiarity with project management, workflow management, and knowledge management.
- Facilitation skills, in addition to professionalism and creativity.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to obtain necessary Criminal Background Checks and Child Abuse Clearance.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Prefer LETRS®* and DIBELS Next trained.
Please submit an electronic copy of your resume in a Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org